According to the dictionary:
- Horseplay means rough fun.
- Fooling around means doing foolish, useless things.
- A fool is a person with little or no judgment or common sense.
Safety Has NO Sense of Humor
Working safely requires knowledge, attention and common sense, and it’s no laughing matter. Horseplay eliminates your safety margin, oftentimes creating a very un-funny situation.
When you’re at work, DO NOT, under any circumstances:
- Chase or push another person
- Throw tools, materials, PPE, beverage cans or other objects
- Play with sharp-edged tools
- Speed or show off while driving a forklift
- Handle PPE carelessly
- Run with a dolly or hand truck
- Distract someone who’s working with tools or machinery
- Play practical jokes
- Ignore safety rules
- Harass those who take safety seriously
- Use equipment for anything but its intended purpose
- Engage in horseplay
- Be proactive and report and plan against any potential safety hazards that may arise
For more great safety information and how to spot and report safety hazards, please visit the National Crime Prevention Council.