Epidemics affect and jeopardize all facets of day-to-day business. Rapid, rational response during an illness epidemic or disaster can save your life, the lives of your employees and your business as a whole. Make sure your facility has a “just in case” plan to ensure that you handle an epidemic or disease outbreak as quickly and effectively as possible.
Begin with healthy habits:
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Exercise regularly
- Get plenty of rest
- Wash hands thoroughly – for at least 10-20 seconds – and often
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not hands
- Routinely clean and disinfect desks and common areas
- Maintain immunizations
- Stay home when you are sick
- Avoid close contact with those who are ill
Simple guidelines that you and your employees can follow if an epidemic occurs include:
- Communicate the company pandemic plan to all employees and ensure that everyone is fully aware and trained on how the plan’s execution, including but not limited to staff notification, evacuation and assembly location.
- Maintain regular contact with other corporate locations and develop a plan of inter-company assistance.
- Preserve vital records such as financial, insurance, client and building information off-site.
- Develop an employee absentee continuity plan—including remote attendance organizational architecture.
- Have masks, gloves and cleaning agents available to all employees, on-site.
- Designate a company spokesperson to address the media should the need arise.
- Prepare a list of emergency information for all employees, including family contact information, client contacts, state public health department and emergency contacts.
For more information on preventing an epidemic in your office contact
To find out more about how Vanguard Resources regulatory specialists can help your organization ace regulatory compliance inspections, contact us at (210) 495-1950 or toll-free at 1 (800) 211-8848.