As we’ve seen across the country, schools are slowly starting to open back up. Some have
experienced success stories and others the opposite. Looking at the successes, here are a few key components of safely reopening your school.
The most important factors in a safety plan are:
- Use multiple COVID-19 mitigation strategies (mask-wearing, social distancing, hand
- washing, etc…)
- Maintain healthy environments with regular deep cleanings
- Develop a proactive plan for when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- Repurpose underutilized spaces to create proper distancing
- Use cohorting/phasing instead of bringing students back all at once
Once you have your plan drafted, follow the CER process.
- C for communicate. Once you have a plan, make sure you communicate it thoroughly and accessibly to all faculty, staff, and parents.
- E for educate. Inform your faculty, staff, and parents about why your plan is important and what you need from them for the plan to succeed.
- R for reinforce. Make sure you are holding true to your word and properly reinforcing the plan. Without reinforcement, safety and security cannot be ensured.
At Vanguard Resources, we are here to help you build your custom safety plan today. Give us a call at 210-495-1950 or visit the Contact Us page on our website to get started.
Information in this article was gathered from the CDC.