Throughout our history, we have worked with many senior care facilities to help maximize their quality and potential. Here are a few key questions to ask of your senior care facility to make sure it is hitting the mark.
Safety and Security
- What is the staff-to-resident ratio?
- Is there an RN or medical professional on-site 24/7?
- What is the protocol in case of an emergency?
- Are there grab bars or pull cords in the bathroom for emergencies?
- Are all the hallways, rooms, and apartments wheelchair accessible?
Staff and Management
- Are background checks performed on all staff?
- How is medication management overseen?
- Does the staff actively listen to residents?
- Does the community offer training and continuing education?
- Is the Executive Director available to meet with families?
Food and Nutrition
- Is there a large variety of food offered?
- Do you have a Nutritionist on staff?
- Are there flexible dining times?
- Are dietary restrictions met?
- Can residents have meals brought to their room?
- Is there an Activities Director on staff?
- Are there faith-based outing opportunities?
- Is there a library on-site?
- Are pets allowed or can pets visit?
- Are there outdoor patios and places for socialization?
Cleanliness and Maintenance
- Are the buildings clean and tidy?
- Is the facility free of strong odors?
- Are the grounds well kept?
- Are there decorations or welcoming additions?
- Does the community appear happy and attended to?
To start setting up your custom Senior Care plan, Contact Us today.
*Information for this article was gathered from Daily Caring.