A work environment can be supportive, stressful, boring or anything in between. At the end of the day, it is management’s responsibility to decide which of these it will be. When aiming to create a positive environment, here are 10 key tips.
1. Listen – An important first step in gauging satisfaction is listening. Perform frequent surveys or one-on-one meetings to hear employees’ concerns.
2. Reward Employees for Big Wins – Celebrating notable accomplishments can significantly help employees feel important and create accountability.
3. Communicate Frequently and Authentically – Keep your communication consistent so your employees feel they can be comfortable voicing ideas.
4. Prioritize Employee Health and Wellness – A sedentary work lifestyle takes a toll on the body. Encourage a short walk, yoga, and/or workouts whenever possible.
5. Define Your Mission – Share your mission clearly with all employees and update it when necessary. It will create a stronger sense of purpose and community.
6. Set Goals – Have your team create stretch goals. A group discussion about these goals helps solidify them and create a drive to achieve them.
7. Break Up Routines – We can all get quite ingrained within our own schedules, so leading a group activity every now and then can make the team feel re-energized.
8. Give All Employees the Opportunity to Shine – Employee success is greatly tied to management confidence. Give your employees jobs they can succeed in.
9. Facilitate Friendships – Employee friendships can be undoubtedly rewarding. Facilitate a warm community where work friendships are encouraged.
10. Give Back – As we’ve addressed, purpose is very important. Volunteering together with a relevant cause can create a connection and a sense of community.
For more business strategy ideas or to set up your free consultation, Contact Us or call 1-800-211-8848 today.
*Information for this article was gathered from SnackNation Office .