The World Economic Forum recently published a report in October entitled, The Green Building Principles: The Action Plan for Net-Zero Carbon Buildings. This report addresses the impact of greenhouse gas emissions and offers a roadmap to help steer organizations to achieve a net-zero carbon portfolio and help support climate sustainability by decarbonizing buildings. The report action plan outlines the following principles for companies to follow:
- Calculate your portfolio’s carbon footprint to set goals.
- Set a net-zero carbon target year for your company by 2050, and an interim target by 2030 for reducing 50% of emissions.
- Measure and record carbon of new developments and refurbishments.
- Maximize company emission reductions to ensure net-zero carbon by the final target year.
- Drive energy optimization.
- Maximize supply of on-site renewable energy.
- Use 100% renewable-backed sources for off-site energy.
- Engage with stakeholders to reduce Scope 3 emissions.
- Obtain high-quality carbon assets to make up for residual commissions.
- Engage with stakeholders to share costs and benefits of joint endeavors.
For more detailed information about the World Economic Forum’s green building principles, you can download the report directly from the WEF site here. You can also contact Vanguard Resources at (210) 495-1950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help you improve energy efficiency at your facility.
*Information from this article was found from https://www.weforum.org/reports/green-building-principles-the-action-plan-for-net-zero-carbon-buildings