While investing in energy efficiency may help reduce maintenance backlogs, it may not address all aging systems and space within a building facility. About a fifth of maintenance costs happen during the initial stage of construction, so using data analysis to make the right decisions when it comes to streamlining operations is vital.
Facilities managers can start with a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis to develop an operational master plan template. Key areas of performance need include:
- Preparation for emergency situations
- Maintaining compliance with licensing agencies
- Building safety considerations including active intruder and environmental safety
- Reliability-centered maintenance for organization and scheduling
- Health and resiliency
- ADA compliance
- Positive user experience and engagement
- Space performance
For more information about facilities operations and planning, please contact Vanguard Resources at (210) 495-1950 or email us at email@example.com.
*Information from this article was found from https://www.hfmmagazine.com/articles/3640-data-driven-facility-planning