The first full week of May is also North American Occupational Safety and Health Week. This is a week where employers, employees, and organizations come together to promote safe habits and improve workplace environments. When we practice safe protocols we are better able to prevent injury, so here are a few things you can do to help create a safe workplace environment:
- Cool Water: Access to cool water can help to protect against heat-related injuries.
- Hazards: Click here to learn about hazards that can contribute to injury or illness in the workplace.
- Windows: Window related accidents happen more often than you might think, so it’s a good idea to discuss window safety with your team.
- Training, Prevention, Response: Accidents will happen. However, the more prepared you are, the better you will be able to handle a situation when it happens. Be sure to stay on top of any safety audits, training, and safety paperwork so that you can be better prepared for when things go south.
- Natural Disasters: Have a plan in place in case Mother Nature decides to rain on your parade. Consider fire and electrical safety, and how you will escape the location if necessary.
If you need assistance with developing your safety strategy, plant operations, or workplace environment contact us at (210) 495-1950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org