Compliance is one of the most important issues affecting modern facilities. Commissions create these standards to protect the health of your facility and the safety of your employees and customers. Regardless of your place of business, you must proactively and effectively take measures to ensure high quality and lasting compliance to as many industry regulation commissions as possible.
Several institutions play a part in determining appropriate facility compliance standards. Among the most vocal and most important organizational industry ideals with which to align your organization are:
- The Joint Commission’s Planning, Implementation
- Competence and Measurement regulations
- ISO Processes
- Malcolm Baldrige ward process criterions
- Six Sigma practices.
Guidelines like these recognize organizations of excellence and are committed to the establishment of continuous readiness expectations, inspections, program reviews and patient safety and risk management interaction and other policies and procedures to support your facility management processes. They ensure newly created and historically maintained policies and processes maximize corporate efficiency and functionally apply to the norm of on site incidents, not the exceptions.
Operating a healthcare organization effectively is one of the most important tasks any facility management team will face which is why it is so important to collaborate with an experienced and reliable facility management team. To ensure maximum compliance across the board, your facility management team must be ready to tackle a myriad of challenges and processes at a moment’s notice to conduct:
- Environmental Tours – Identify safety and security risks associated with the environment of care.
- Proactive Risk Assessments – Aid with supplying internal resources, automated environmental tour programs and
bi-annual risk assessments
- Exceptions – Monitoring the institution of new process, new employees and new equipment
Further more your facility management team must also:
- Collect data into a program that defines reports and trends and that generates work orders.
- Exercise the Emergency Operation Plan (EOP) every quarter.
- Identify emergency pre-planning resources that take into consideration all staff members and potential on site clients.
- Implement an emergency business continuity plan that maintains sustainability in the event of a crisis.
- Develop Life Safety Activity plans, features, timelines and occupancies and define Life Safety Activity suites.
- Advertise the benefits of safety – “You Are Safe” because I care.
- Establish a plan for Infection Prevention that complies with AIA Guidelines for Construction or Renovation and other appropriate quality indication standards.
- Ensure continuous compliance learning and markers.
- Encourage efficient innovations and encourage positive deviance.
Effective compliance adherence efforts must be consistently pioneered, recorded and monitored. Vanguard Resources’ facility-specific regulation compliance team is always on hand to educate client partners on Continued Readiness and Proactive Compliance and what they mean for you and your patients. contact Vanguard Resources directly.